1) Many times when we come to think on Jesus, we come with some sort of presupposition or expectation of Him. Do you have any expectations when it comes to Jesus?
2) “Who is Jesus?” is one of the hardest questions to answer. More books have been written with Jesus as the topic than any other topic of book ever! God, therefore, has given us His Word so that we can better know Him. Share with the group some good things that you have noticed in Scripture about Jesus.
3) The phrase wysi wig means “what you see is what you get.” For the Jewish people in Jerusalem, they did not see what they got. Read Matthew 21:1-11 and spend a few minutes thinking about the significance of the event.
4) The OT prophet Zechariah prophesied about the coming Messiah. Read Zechariah 9:9-10 and spend some time thinking about its significance.
5) N.T. Wright says, “Because Jesus says yes to their desires at the deepest levels, He will have to say no or wait to the desires they are conscious of and have expressed.” Many times in our relationship with God, we tend to see only the temporal or the surface level problems in life. Jesus came to free us from the deepest level problems. Now the hard question: Are you pursuing God more to transform the deep level problems or to fix the surface level problems? Why?